Saturday, June 14, 2008

Welcome Caitlyn!

Things have been pretty exciting around here. I came to the hospital on Thursday, June 5th for my regular 26-week exam and I was told I would have to stick around for further testing. They didn't like my blood pressure, and wanted to make sure things were going as they should. After further tests, they admitted me on Friday the 6th at 10am as a preeclampsia patient. After two days of constant monitoring, they decided to do a c-section. My blood pressure kept increasing, and baby's heart rate was dropping. On Sunday, June 8th at 9:46pm Caitlyn Grace was born.

I am still in the hospital, because my blood pressure has not stabalized. I feel fine, except the medicine makes me extremely tired. Caitlyn is doing great- she is passing all her tests, and is doing everything as expected. She has had a couple blood transfusions, has been off and on her ventilator and has had a couple treatments for jaundice. This is all very normal for a baby born at 26 weeks. She had an xray of her brain, and everything looks great!

Here are some pictures Brian took the first day of her life. She is so small- 13 inches long and 1 pound, 9 ounces. She has dropped weight since she was born, but she is on her way back up. She is even taking breast milk through a tube in her mouth!



Notice Brian's wedding ring on Caitlyn's tiny foot...

4 comments:

Andi said...

Dear little Caitlyn,
You are so beautiful!!! I want you to know that the Diocese of Alabama is praying for you...and for your mommy and daddy...and for your grandparents. Feel our prayers sweet girl.
FHS and with love, Andi Silberman

Paulnamy said...

She is just beautiful...a perfect, tiny little girl. We are going to have SO much fun with her when she comes home! For now we pray both Mommy and baby get better every day. Remember we are here, whatever you need...
Love,
The Wheelers

Kristi said...

Alicia & Brian~
She is just beautiful!!! We are praying for both of you to get better & stronger each day.
Please let Kim know if there is anything we can do, we'd LOVE to help out in anyway we can.
Kristi
(Kim's sister)

jenni said...

Congratulations!! She is a little miracle baby and is a little fighter!! I hope you start feeling better soon and I pray that Caitlyn will also continue to grow and get stronger each day!! Amazing pictures, especially the one with Brians ring on her foot!!

Jenni (Kims sister)