Saturday, August 9, 2008

Two Months Old

I can't believe my baby is 2 months old already. Caitlyn is 4 pounds, 2 ounces and 16.25 inches long. Her length was taken in an isolette, so the nurse wasn't sure how accurate it is.

It was confirmed today that she has sepsis. They started treatment early, so she should come out of it quickly. The doctor seems to think she looks better already. She will not start eating again until they're finished with the antibiotics, so she continues to receive fluids. Her little face is so swollen from all the fluids they've been pumping into her. She also received another blood transfusion.

We want to thank everyone for their continued prayers. If you'd like, please leave comments here for Caitlyn. I'm sure she'll love to read them some day.






A view of Caitlyn's current room:

7 comments:

Jason said...

I am a Wed. Mops mom who lost my baby to stillbirth caused my pre eclamsia. I have been praying for your family and your sweet baby girl ever since I heard you were sick with pre eclamsia. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and I hope she gets past this obstacle quickly. It has been a miracle to watch her grow.

Shannon Schoon wife to Jason
mom to Cale 7, Piper 5, Brody 3, and Gwendolyn (2-3-08)

Prachar family said...

Keep fighting sweet baby girl!
Travis

Isabelle Cannon said...

Caitlyn is such a trooper. I'm sure she will pull thru this little setback like she has done the whole time in the NICU. She is getting so big and she is darling!!!! Can't wait to see the post where she is home with you!!!

Deb said...

Caitlyn, we are all praying for you. God has brought you through so much already. He has an awesome purpose for your life!

Love,
Deb, Jaclyn, & Ashlyn Pitcher

Kim S. said...

We are praying for Caitlyn and your family everyday! What a sweet baby girl that you were blessed with! We have been following her progress and cannot wait for the day that she gets to go home with you all. I'm sure Aiden and Alex will be thrilled! Sending lots of love and healthy wishes your way!

Kim, Will, Maya & Simone Smith in Chicago

Sara said...

We have been following your updates on Caitlyn and keeping her in our prayers. Hopefully she is able to join her family at home in the near future!
Best wishes,
Dave, Sara and kids

Linda said...

Hi Caitlyn, we have you in all of our prayers here in Anniston at Grace. You look like a strong little girl and with God's help, you soon will be kicking and babbling. With Love and Blessings

Linda McAllister
Grace Episcopal Church
Annisdton, AL